Wednesday 18 September 2013

Testing out Sukin Organics

After enjoying a facial at Koa Boutique Spa in July (read about it here) and discovering that Sukin Organics is an Australian brand readily available in shops like Priceline, Sukin very kindly sent me a few products to review. I chose to get their Foaming Facial Cleanser, Revitalising Facial Scrub and their Facial Moisturiser.

There were a number of factors that attracted me to the Sukin Organics range. First of all, they pride themselves on being environmentally friendly- they're carbon neutral, vegan friendly and cruelty free, have recyclable packaging, the products are grey water safe and biodegradable. Secondly, they're made of natural ingredients, meaning they're free of nasties like sulphates, animal derivatives, mineral oils and parabens. Lastly, they're affordable. Skincare can get very expensive. It's very easy to go out and spend a heap of money on cleansers, moisturisers, toners, eye serums, anti-ageing creams, even kid-friendly and hair care products. Sukin Organics offers all of these plus more at affordable prices.

I have to admit that I am very lucky with my skin. I very rarely get pimples or blemishes and my skin is a very normal and manageable combination type. I do however, completely take this for granted. I'm terrible at sticking to a regular skincare regime. The only thing I can do on a regular basis is take my make-up off- which I wear everyday for work- every night before I go to bed. Other than that, I only ever do the occasional cleanse and very rarely moisturise so I decided that to fairly test out these products, I would really have to commit to sticking to a regular skincare routine.

What I first noticed about the Sukin Products was the smell. It was beautiful and it definitely took me back to when I was getting my facial in July. Because the products contain ingredients like evening primrose oil and tangerine oil, lavender and vanilla extract the smell is very natural, unlike some other products I've tried that really do just smell like chemicals. The feel of them on my skin was also lovely. I quite happily cleansed and exfoliated away while breathing in the beautiful aroma that was left behind. I found the moisturiser soaked in really nicely. Before I knew it, my skin was grease free (unlike some other moisturisers that sit on your skin feeling yuck) and feeling amazing soft and smooth.

My first impression so far is great. I'm really looking forward to using the products more over the next couple of weeks and seeing the difference it makes to my skin. Check out all of their products here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment